Still using traditional candles? Here are some candle fire statistics to be aware of.
- 15,260 estimated home candle fires each year
- December is the peak time of year for home candle fires
- 1,289 estimated candle fire injuries each year
- 166 estimated home candle fire deaths each year
- 20% of candle fires begin when candles are unattended or abandoned
- 36% of home candle fires begin in the bedroom, more than in any other room
- 50% of candle fire deaths occur between Midnight and 6 am
- 55% of home candle fires start because the candle is too close to combustible materials
Top 5 Days for Candle Fires
- Christmas Day
- Christmas Eve
- New Year’s Day
- December 23
As you probably already know, Scentsy candles are completely flameless. Scentsy electric candle warmers use light bulbs to melt the wax, and because the wax melts at such a low temperature, it never gets hot enough to harm your children or pets, let alone start a fire. Scentsy warmers are safe enough to leave on 24/7.
If you’re going to use traditional candles, please be EXTRA careful around the holidays and please visit the National Candle Assoc. for candle safety tips.
Keywords: candle safety tips,candle fire statistics,statistics on home candle fires,candle fires,Scentsy wickless,Scentsy flameless,flameless candles,electric candle warmers,Scentsy candles,Scentsy Wausau Wisconsin,Wausau WI Scentsy,OMG Scentsy,Central Wisconsin Scentsy,OMG Scents,OMGscents.com